Travel team evaluations will be held in early June, so travel players must register by Monday, June 7th.
About Ashland Youth Soccer
Ashland Youth Soccer is a 100% volunteer-run program with the mission of teaching children of all backgrounds and abilities the game of soccer through the development of individual skill, fitness, teamwork and fair play.
Outdoor programs are run for players in grades Kindergarten through 8th grade in the Fall. Details for the programs offered in the Fall are outlined below.
Volunteers are critical to the success of AYS. If you are able to volunteer as a head coach or as an assistant coach, please sign-up at adminsports.net (this is the same site where you register your player, and there is a button that says "volunteer" next to your child's name). Training is availble for coaches (new and existing). Without volunteer coaches, there can be no teams, and even if you are unavailable to coach, there are other opportunities to contribute to the success of AYS so please consider contributing your time.
In-town Players (Kindergarten, Grades 1-3)
- In-town players register online by Saturday, July 31st
- In-town fee is $135 per child. Family max of $310
- Registrations received after July 31st will be placed on a waitlist and incur a $50 late fee (family max $310+late fees). Registrations received after this date are not guaranteed a spot on a team.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade players have one hour sessions that include both practice and games on Saturdays. Times will vary each week.
- 2nd/ 3rd grade players typically practice once per week in the evenings and play games on Satursdays (times vary each week).
- Season runs approximately 10weeks, starting in early September
- Specific player or coaching requests will not be honored.
- AYS supplies the first in-town shirt for free, and it will be provided at the first practice. Subsequent shirts may be purchased by contacting the Uniform coordinator.
- Your child's coach will contact you in early-September with team information and practice schedules.
- Click here for more information about the In-Town programs.
Note, AYS is unable to accept players that are not entering Kindergarten in the Fall. Other options to look into for younger players are the Ashland Recreation Department, Teamworks in Northborough, ForeKicks in Marlborough, and John Smith’s in Milford.
Travel Players (grades 4-8)
- Register online by Sunday, June 6th
- Travel registrations received after June 6th will be places on a waitlist and will incur a $50 late fee & are not guaranteed a spot on a team.
- Travel teams typically practice twicer per week in the evenings. Games are on Saturdays. Game times vary.
- Season runs approx. 10 weeks, starting in early- September.
- Coaches will reach out in early- September with team information and practice schedules.
- Travel fee is $175 per child (Family max $310)
- IMPORTANT EVALUATION INFORMATION: Travel evaluations will take place in early June, specific information to follow. Your child must register online by Sunday June 6th to participate in evaluations. No walk up registrations are permitted.
- Click here for more details about the travel program
**Note: For travel players who may wish to play in the Spring of 2022, but will not be playing in the Fall of 2021, please attend the Fall evaluations so that the information is on file for Spring placement. To do so, please register your player for Fall, but DO NOT PAY. In the comments section of the registration, indicate that your player will not be playing in the Fall, but will be attending the evaluations in case they play in the Spring.
Travel Players (Grade 3 interested in travel)
If a 3rd grader is interested in playing travel:
- They need to register for the 2/3 in-town program prior to the travel team registration deadline of Monday, June 7th
- Alert the AYS Registrar (either through email or a note in the comments section of the registration) that they would like to be considered for the travel team.
- The player then needs to attent the travel evaluation session.
- If the player is placed on the travel team, they will be contacted to pay the difference in registration cost. If they do not make the travel team, they will be placed on a 2/3 in-town team.
- IMPORTANT EVALUATION INFORMATION: Travel player evaluations will take place in early June. Specific dates and times to follow. Your child must be registered by Sunday June 6th to participate in evaluations. No walk up registrations are permitted.
Travel Team Selection Process
AYS will select travel teams based on the following criteria (in order of importance)
- Coach's evaluations from the past 2 seasons (skill level, commitment, attitude)
- Evaluator's scores from the tryouts
- In the event of two players being similarly ranked, preference will be given to the player who plays in both the fall and spring seasons.
AYS believes that all players should have the opportunity to participate regardless of financial situation. If you feel that you need financial assistance with registration fees, please register your child, and choose “fee waiver request,” at the point of payment. You must then send an email to the registrar at
with a short statement describing why you are requesting financial assistance. You must also include in the email, ho w much of the registration fee you are able to afford. Please note that until the registrar approves your financial assistance, your player is not registered for AYS. Please note that financial assistance is available on a case-by-case basis and is for registration fees only. All players are responsible for uniform costs. (first shirts for in-town players only are included in registration fee).
Please feel free to contact the AYS Registrar at
if you have any further questions about the program. Be sure to check our web site www.ashlandyouthsoccer.org for registration and other important information.
Summary of programs available for Fall 2021
AYS Cancellation Policy
AYS will issue a 100% refund if you cancel before registration closes. AYS will issue a 50% refund if it is within 30 days after registration closes. After that point, there are no refunds given.
AYS will issue a full refund for a child if there is no team available for the child to play on. Please be advised as always uniform costs are not refundable.